Thursday, July 12, 2007

Been to a good park lately?

Nate and I ventured out to a park yesterday and today. They weather was so nice these past 2 days that we couldn't stay inside. We went to Creve Couer Park. They have a really nice play area for kids and it is pretty much all in shade. There are 2 play structures, one for the younger crowd and one for the older. The park also has a water feature where when one pushes a button, water shoots up out of the ground and also has a bucket that dumps water every time it's filled. Now Nate doesn't like the water, but he loves the climbing structures. We spent at least 2 hours there yesterday and about an 1 1/2 hours today. Called a friend to see if she and her 2 daughters would like to join us today.

Been waiting to get my clothesline so in the mean time, I decided to put up a temporary one in the backyard. I have strung a line from the garage to the fence by the carport. It only gives my one line and after fixing it a time or two, doesn't sag too much! I have been able to avoid the dryer the past 4 loads of laundry. I did take pictures and will have Jason upload them tonight and I will add them tomorrow here. Nate was playing around me yesterday as I was hanging out his diapers and tried to take a clothes pin from the bag. I gave him one and he went into the basket and grabbed an insert for his diaper and reached up high and tried to pin it to the line!!! So, I stopped hanging laundry and went to find some pieces of rope and tied it between 2 patio chairs. I showed him how to pinch the pin to make it open and how to pin the insert to the line. Nate has his own clothes line just his height!!! I did take pic's of that and will show you tomorrow.

Tonight, I am meeting with Nikki of Jacks Magic Beanstalk. She has my kit ready to go. It didn't cost as much as I was thinking it would. Silly me, I have been researching diapers for the past 2 years and know fairly well the prices of everything, I didn't need to be so worried. I am going to meet with her tonight and go over the order forms and some other things so that I can start getting out the emails to the ladies I want to invite to my first diaper party! I am getting super excited yet nervous. I am more nervous about having people to my house and being a hostess. I also am nervous that I wont be able to get out an invite in the mail to look the way I want it too.

As I am sitting here in the office, I look out my window and look at the tree thats right there. I have hung my bird feeder on a limb out there and see a squirrel trying to eat the seeds. Now I have stop trying to dissuade the squirrels from eating from the feeder, but I look just in time to see one almost fall off the feeder trying to stay perched enough to eat!!! I look up a little further and see a spot of red. There was a cardinal sitting there! How pretty! The stark red against the pretty green leaves. I love seeing such pretty birds flying around. Now, if I get my hummingbird feeder out there, would I be able to attract hummingbirds? Who knows!

Well, I need to get to the kitchen and make up some things for supper. Jason will be home soon and Nate will be getting up soon too.

Be looking for pictures tomorrow!

No comments: