Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

Happy Birthday America! Thanks to all the troops out there fighting for our freedom. We appreciate you!
Fireworks were as always, a feast for the eyes. Nate and Jason stayed home. Didn't think Nate would like all the loud noises. Maybe next year. I went to see fireworks not far from here. Just near the Mills Mall. Bridgeton Municipal Athletic Center hosts a parade and fireworks every year. From where I was sitting, I could watch Bridgetons, St Charles and one other places fireworks show.
My parents came to town yesterday. Dad is on vacation and needed to do some shopping. He was on the lookout for some new work shoes. He found a nice pair at Bass Pro Shop. We did go to the Mills Mall. Dad wanted to go to Cabelas and mom wanted to go to Archivers. Both mom and I found some things at Archivers to make cards with. Not long ago, I found some buttons with adhesive already on the back. It came in a package with about 10 buttons of various sizes. Didn't see any so I asked the ladies if they had any in the back and sure enough, they did. I paid $1.99 for the first package I got and these were only $.99 each! So I bought 2 colors, tan and purple.
Been waiting for my stash of diapers so I can start hosting diaper parties. I should be getting everything next week. I need to make up some invitations to send out.
Nate and I spent all day Monday outside. This past weekend, Aunt Amy found an art easel, picnic table and drawing desk for Nate at yard sales. While Nate played, I cleaned up the easel and table for him to use. After lunch, I got out some paint and a brush and paper. Nate loved painting for the first time! I am glad that I remembered to bring out the camera! I will have Jason help download the pics so I might post some here. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate for the next few days so we can spend some more time outside and go to some parks.
I am excited that I get my clothes line soon. My dad needs to contact the place where they are cutting the pieces and then I can go and get the pieces and have our friend Ben weld them together. With all this nice weather lately, I have been dreaming of having my clothes line!
Tomorrow, we are back to our routine. Need to check the schedule and see what needs to be done. I have been slacking the past 2 days and need to get back on schedule.
Well, it's late and I am tired. I am off to bed.

No comments: