Saturday, May 31, 2008

I am hungry.

For the past few weeks I have been very nauseous b/c of being pregnant. Since being put on progesterone for the babies, it has helped my nauseousness. So, today has been the best of days. I am hungry. But, the thing is, I am hungry for things I had when I was in the Czech Republic. It all started this afternoon when for some reason, I got to thinking about sweet bread. Sweet bread is typically eaten for breakfast. So, I decided to google "sweet bread" and see what I could find. I haven't found a recipe for sweet bread but as I was looking, I was reminded of so many things I used to eat over in the Czech Republic. I tried looking for these other things but can't find just the right one. I have 3 contacts in Czech Republic that I can get a hold of and ask them for recipes.
Here is what I am looking for:
Kolache, but only made by a good friend!
Sweet bread
Tomato and cucumber salad
Open faced sandwiches
Mushroom soup

I know there are more, but that's all I can think of. I know that I can get kolache here in St Louis, but my friend makes the best.
Some of these items I ate at our mission camps so I know things are made differently than others. The open faced sandwiches we ate for supper. Typically, people would eat a nice breakfast, big lunch and then a small supper. Opened face sandwiches were really good. I made them one last time right after we came home in 1995 but I don't remember it all.

Oh, I am craving cinnamon rolls right now too. Jason said he would make them for me! What a sweet guy!

Ok, of to email my mom to get the addresses so I can get the recipes.

No comments: