Sunday, June 3, 2007

Time to slow down

All of May seem to fly by and we were so busy every weekend. Yesterday is the last Saturday that we have anything going on. I am grateful for that. As much as I like socializing with so many people, I am ready for a few weeks of nothing. Nate and I haven't been to a park lately, been to the library, swimming yet. Just so much going. I am looking forward to a quiet week. I am going to check out our local swimming hole and see when that opens. I would like to get a season pass, but if Nate balks at the idea of swimming, I don't want to spend the money and not use that pass as much as we normally would. I am thinking of getting a membership to the Zoo also. I was thinking about it a while ago and then rethought everything because of gas prices, but we like the zoo so much and it is very educating for Nate. We have been 2 times this spring and still haven't seen everything. We try to get there when it opens and then head home around noon, or shortly there after with a picnic in the zoo.
Went to a beautiful wedding Friday nite at the Jewel Box in Forest Park. The reception was at Orlando Gardens right on the other side of 270 from us. We were home by 11:30pm. The next day we went garage saleing. Nate was at my parents house overnight so that freed Jason and I up to go out saleing without Nate. We found a Little Tikes garden for $5, a toddler bed for $7, games, books for 10 cents a piece. Had a good time. Nate was missed mostly by daddy but when we were going to pick him up, I realized I had been missing him too. Home for a lunch and bed for a nap and then we headed out to Columbia for a graduation party. We packed up things to stay in a hotel but decided not to stay. We got home around 12:30am. We just hung around here for the morning. About 11, we took off for Florrisant to visit a furniture shop. I had found a kitchen table on craigslist and fell in love with it. I didn't see the one I wanted, but got to see one like it, just different color. The store did have different tables so I am going to go back on my own sometime and take a look. We stopped of at Wingstop to pick up some lunch. Got home and I found out they had messed up my order. Normally I would let it go and just eat what they had given me, but I asked for Hawaiian BBQ and they gave me Hickory Smoke. Too spicy for me. They were good about what happened and said that they would redo my order for free. So, off I went to get that and Jason put Nate down for a nap.
I am going to sign off, change clothes and go and help Jason clean the garage.

No comments: