Friday, January 25, 2008

Letter to my son

Dear Nate,
You amaze me daily with all the things you can do! I was watching you climb all over your climber in the basement, you blew bubbles with me, you can go up and down the stairs like a champ now. I can understand you more and more and your vocabulary is exploding! You are such a big boy now. Not a little baby anymore. There are some days that I wish I could hold you forever not let you grow up. I thought that when you were a baby that was the best time, but now I think is the best time of your life. You are so much more independent but still love to give hugs and kisses. You are starting to help with things in the house like helping me fill up the big humidifier and then try to fill your little one by yourself! You know how to turn on the faucet in the bathtub. I love when we are apart and when you see me, you get a big smile on your face and come running to give me a hug. Oh how I wish you knew how much I treasure that.
You will always be my baby!
Mom

I just needed to brag a bit about my boy tonight! He is the love of my life. He makes me laugh. I truly treasure our time together as mama and son. You know, he doesn't call me mama, or mommy, he calls me mom. At times I am a bit sad. I am not ready to be plain ole mom. I do have to laugh when he says, "Silly Mom"! We have the best time together. We are always exploring when we are out on the town. We take life slowly and enjoy our time together.
There is a country song by Kenny Chesney called "Don't blink" here is the chorus words: Don't blink
Just like that you're six years old and you take a nap
and you wake up and you're twenty-five
and your high school sweetheart becomes your wife
Don't blink
You just might miss your babies growing like mine did
Turning into moms and dads next thing you know your better half
Of fifty years is there in bed
And you'll pray that God takes you instead
Trust me friend a hundred years goes faster than you think
So don't blink

I don't want to blink! It seems like I just came home from the hospital with Nate and now he is so big, doing things for himself. I feel the next time I "blink" he is going to ready for college.

As I read over that letter I wrote, I think I need to make a hard copy of it and give it to him when he turns 16.

I will leave you with this photo of Nate trying out daddy's slippers!
nate-Jan-08 003

No comments: