Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Missouri weather

I don't think I will ever get used to this weird weather here in Missouri. It has been 10 years since I lived in Iowa. At least in Iowa, in the summer you get hot weather, the fall it was nice, but chilly and the leaves fall right on schedule. Winter you get snow starting from November and ends around March. Spring is the usual chilly, wet weather. Here in Missouri, in December you can have all 4 seasons in one day!!! Take today as an example. Woke up to beautiful Spring like weather. Temps must have been in the mid 50's. By 10, it was summer temps, close to 70. Nate and I played out side. Mrs G from next door asked us to come and play with her son and 2 nephews. I raked leaves. I opened up the house. Beautiful weather! We ran a quick errand, stopped to see my dad. It started cooling off a bit. Got home. After lunch I vacuumed and Nate played with his trains. Around 12:30 or so, it started getting really cold. I closed up the house, put Nate to bed and half hour or so later, it was hailing!!! Can we say fall weather anyone :). By this time it was down right cold out there. Not too long after the hail stopped, it was snowing. Big fat snow flakes. So we went from Spring like weather when we woke up to winter weather this after noon. Only in Missouri does this type of weather happen.

I used to bemoan the fact that this weather was weird. Never thought I would get used to it. Still don't think so, but I found something positive about winter weather. Once in a while, in the middle of December or January, it is warm enough to open the windows for some nice fresh air to get the stink out of the house. I love being able to open windows, having a nice breeze freshen up the house. I think I would go nuts if I couldn't open my windows at all during the winter. So, I putting this on record, "I like the Missouri winter weather"!

This Thursday, I am going to my first sewing class. We are going to be making a bag. I found some pretty material. It is black with creme floral. It reminds me of the new paper line in Close to My Heart stamping catalog. As soon as I remember to get my catalog from my sister-in-law(consultant for Close to my Heart), I may order the paper set. Absolutely to die for!

I have been wanting to change out the look in the bathroom. My mom says that I should freshen the paint in a room every 5 years as paint fades. So, I did the front room this past fall. Not that the paint was fading, just didn't have the right shade of yellow to begin with. Now it's nice warm yellow and it looks much better. I found a pretty color for the hallway. It also has the ugly original yellow from 4 years ago. Back to the topic of the bathroom. The color is purple. Nice heathery purple. I used the colors in my shower curtain as inspiration. My sister-in-law bought that curtain and some towels as a apartment warming gift when I moved into my apartment. I love the curtain. Pretty colors. I have found some fun bathroom scene pics. I think I need to update the color. I was thinking of changing it to blue and white. Found a nice curtain at Target with green, yellow and white and blue. I would accent with some nice pics and then a shelf above the toilet with cobalt blue bottles. Buuuut, ever since I saw that black with creme paper I want to make my bathroom that! I would paint the walls a creme color and there is a shower curtain at Target that would work perfectly. The only thing stopping me is that the bottom half of the walls are white beadboard/wainscoting. I don't know if the creme and white would look good together like that. Any have a thought, please let me know!

I will leave you with a pic. It's of Nate last Tuesday when he was so sick. We hadn't been to the doctor yet, but I pretty much knew it was ear infections. He is watching videos on my laptop. We don't have a tv in the front room. It's in the back room but that room is so cold. I let him curl up on the couch with all his blankets from his bed! Poor kid didn't feel well. He stayed there all morning. They only time this kids sits in one place for very long is if he is as sick as a dog!
Nate Sick

Have a wonderful day!

No comments: