Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Wednesday

I woke up by the telephone ringing at 7:30am. We don't get phone calls this early so it must be important. It was my mom calling to let me know a family friend had been in an accident and was not doing so well. She and 2 other teachers were broadsided by another driver and my friend was in the back with only a lap belt on. The other 2 women are doing ok, but my friend is not. The guy who hit them died. My mom updated me about an hour ago saying that "J" is responding a little bit with a squeeze of a finger and briefly opening her eyes. She will have to go back into surgery this after noon. So far they have given her 35 pints of blood. Please pray that she comes out of this and can go on with life. She is in her early 50's and has 2 wonderful daughters and 2 sweet grandsons. She isn't done living her life. I have known "J" since I was little. Our families started a church in Elkader IA many years ago. "J" and her family are very precious to us.

Discovered something really cool last week. When we travel up to Jason's folks, it's a 4 hour ride. We like to take the lap top to play movies for Nate. I have noticed that the sound isn't that great. I was looking into getting some external speakers to hook up to the lap top to help with the sound. I found some at Target and they were about $25. Didn't buy them. I wanted Jason's opinion b/4 buying something. Jason mentioned something about his work laptop had speakers that we could use. But he found something else instead. Back when my old cars didn't have CD's, just cassettes, I bought an adapter for my personal CD player. I think you all know what I am talking about. Jason had one too. He found them and we decided to see if we could use it with the lap top. Took the adapter and lap top out to the van and hooked it up and now we can hear the movies thru the vans sound system! Rock on! :)

Here is a pic of a custom that a wonderful WAHM (work at home mom) did for us. I love the tee shirt! I haven't figured out how to make it so you can just click on the link. Just copy and paste to see the work.


Nothing else is going on. Maybe I will have more later.

No comments: