Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Party

We attended a Christmas party with our Bible study group this evening. It was wonderful! I felt like such an adult tonight! I got to dress up a bit, get out of the house and socialize with other adults, eat w/o helping someone else. The list goes on! It was a child free party and that was nice. We had some wonderful food tonight. We played 2 games after the meal that was lots of fun and there was lots of laughter.

I installed one car seat yesterday to see how the base installs and then added the infant seat into the base. Yeah, no one is going to be able to ride with me now! I had to pull the passenger seat up just to accommodate the seat. Anyone who rides with me is going to have their knees against the dash. My seat will have to move up a bit too. At least it's only for a year. When we move the babies to a bigger seat, I would like to keep them rear facing till at least 18 mos or so, so that means the seats might not fit either. Jason mentioned switching vans. That means I get the Dodge back. I am not sure how I feel about that as I have come to love and appreciate my Mazda. If we had the money, I would love to get a bigger vehicle. When we bought the Mazda, we didn't know we would be having 2 more babies and at the same time. I would like to find a used SUV, like a Suburban or something like it. Probably go foreign. Toyota has the Sequoia but I don't know much about it. We will make do with what we have because it's nice not to have any type of car payment!

I have packed 3/4 of my hospital bag. The baby stuff is in there. I still need to add a few pieces of clothing. I have my bathroom bag packed. There is a list of "Don't Forget" items sitting on the bag. Last minute things like pillow, snacks, and the like. Cameras too. Jason is responsible for that.

Babies are doing fine. They were both moving alot tonight at the party. B had the hiccups that Jason got to feel the movements. It's getting harder to get out of chairs and couches now. I stopped sitting on the floor too. If you want some good laughs, just come over and watch me get out of said couch or off said floor. Pretty funny! By bedtime, I am ready to lay down. I need the rest. I am guessing Nate is getting tired of mommy not sitting on the floor with him. I do sit on the couch, but then I have roll to the side to get off. I don't move very fast either. I have another routine appt on Thursday. I am hoping my blood pressure stays normal as it has in the past. I will be 35 on Tuesday. One more week and I have one month left. My last month with Nate I was put on blood pressure medicine and I am hoping to avoid that this time around. Who knows, I might have these two by 36 weeks and not have to worry about my blood pressure.

Nate is doing well! He is learning daily by asking lots of questions and is very observant. He is totally into Vegie Tales right now. He can sing a few of the songs. Yeah, I hear them daily! He loves to take the cd's in the van to listen too. He loves the Silly Song videos that Vegie Tales put out. One of his gifts for Christmas is The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything! I can't wait to see his face when he opens that on Christmas Day. I can't wait to start making Christmas cookies with him too. He love to roll things out, dump things into the mixing bowl. He's a good baking helper!

Been busy shopping for my guys. I am done shopping for Nate and have most of his gifts wrapped. Jason is 3/4 the way done. He finally gave me a list and I am surprised to see that I have bought lots of things already just by listening to what he wants. Most things I have bought are wrapped for him also. I still need to buy for our niece and nephews. I hope to get those things done this Wed and Thursday. I would like to get going on my baking too.

Time to end for the night. Hope you all have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention who won one of the games at the Christmas party. Yeap! It was me, the Christmas Carole King!!!! Love you!