I have to show off my newest creation! I made a fitted diaper tonight. I found a pattern on line a few weeks ago. I used 2 blankets that I had laying around that we weren't using. It took me 2 hours, 2 broken needles, 1 bent needle and ripping out velcro once to make this diaper. I had no expectations going into this project and am glad I can laugh at the end results!
Here are 3 pictures of the diapers:
The first picture makes me laugh the most! I can't believe how the tabs came out different sizes. My seams on most of the diaper aren't straight and I need to make sure that I make the leg elastic longer.
All in all, it's a cute diaper and it hasn't turned me off of making another diaper. I think I will hit the local goodwill and find some more blankets to use. I would like to perfect my sewing before dipping into my stash of nice fabrics that I have set aside to make diapers. After the new year, a friend and I are taking sewing classes. I am excited to learn how to sew better.
Enjoy the pictures!!
Common phrases we say out of naivete
2 months ago