Thursday, December 27, 2007

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! We spent Dec. 21-24 with Jason's folks on the farm. It snowed up there so Nate got to go out and play with daddy and Jackson. Here is a pic of Daddy and Nate with the sled!
A NAteSnowDec2007 009

I found a snow pants and coat from Lands End on craigslist for $15. It's a size 3 but the snow pants fit great and I will have the coat for next winter! What a great score for me! We found his boots at Walmart. They have Thomas the tank Engine on them. Nate is pretty pleased with the boots!
We had a great time as usual at the farm. Nate saw Santa Claus and still doesn't particularly care for him as you can see in the next photo!
A Estate Sale 002

That is my father-in-law Jim holding Nate. Nate will high 5 Santa but that's it! He received a treat bag after. There was a cookie and some hard candy and also he got to pick out an apple. Nate tore into that apple and he loved chomping on it!

A Estate Sale 031

Nate got some more Take Along Thomas trains, some cute clothes and a great Thomas Book with poems in it. The book is really cute and has some great poems in it. He also got some slippers with of course, Thomas! :)

I got 2 cook books, Bath and Body Works soap (smells yummy), slippers, 2 Mary Kay items(sister-in-law sells Mary Kay), and a picture frame with our nieces graduation pic in it. Gorgeous girl!!

After we left the farm on Monday, we headed to Springfield Ill for my families Christmas. We had some yummy food, spent time with the nephews and watched the cousins open gifts. Nate received some nice clothes, a monster toy truck, small toy bulldozer, and a book about Behaving. The author is Max Lucado. He writes books with Hermie as the main character. Very cute!
The adults decided not to exchange gifts. We decided to find something/someone to donate our money too.

We got back home Christmas Eve around 9pm. Very long weekend for all. Nate was happy to be back in his own bed! The first time I put him in the pack n play at Grandpa and Grandmas, I noticed he was getting too big for it. Next Monday I am bringing in the toddler bed from the garage. We are going to transition him over to that bed. Wish us luck! I am going to have to remove all the train toys from the room. Too much temptation! Just don't know what I am going to do when we go to the farm. Right now, there is an area in the room we 3 sleep in that is fine for the pack n play, but the toddler bed they have wont fit there. I will have to see what Grandma can come up with the next time we are there.

Christmas day here was good. Jason posted on his blog with pics to what he received! I can make a list, but I am not sharing pics!
The big surprise is tickets to see Reba and Kelly Clarkson in concert in Feb. I am stinking happy about that one!!! Reba is a major favorite of mine.
The other big gift I got was all 9 seasons of Everybody loves Raymond. I have 1 and 2 but Jason thought it would save money just to get all 9 at once. It is going to take me forever to watch all those!
I got some earrings and necklace, candy in the stocking, gift certificate from St Louis Bread co, new sewing kit/container that is pink with vintage Ladies doing ironing and laundry, very cool! and a large cutting mat with rotary cutter.

Today I wanted to get out of the house and do something fun but not spend money. So, Nate and I went swimming at the YMCA. Up till this point, he really did not like swimming. He didn't mind getting his feet wet, but other than that, no. So I took my chances and went. He was a bit apprehensive but I held his hand and we took it slowly. Well, and hour and half later, he didn't want to get out!!! My boy likes swimming! I think I am going to add that to our fun list and go maybe 1-2 times a week till the Aqua Port opens and then maybe get a seasons pass there. They share memberships with the Bridgeton water park so we have 2 places to go swimming. We have friends who can go with us too.

Supper tonight is Beef vegetable soup with venison steak pieces instead of beef. My inlaws are hunters and supply us with venison once in a while. Very lean meat. That helps on our budget since the meat was free! The soup smells yummy! Can't wait. Jasons sister Amy and her friend Dave are coming over for supper and to see Nate.

Speaking of Nate, sounds like he is ready to get up from nap. Time to go get him and get some vacuuming done and fill the bird feeder, add an ear of corn to the squirrel feeder for the critters outside.

No comments: