Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I am super excited!

I want to share an article that I saw in our newspaper today. Here is the link: http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/A84E1E46517E025E862574E2001083BE?OpenDocument


I have known Eric and Sierra for 3 years now. I attended the Thursday's nursing group for close to 2 years. They are the owners of Kangaroo Kids. It is a resale shop for kids clothes and equipment and maternity clothes. They also offer nursing support. Every Thursday Sierra holds a nursing group with in the store. She is a lactation consultant. The article is about her husband wanting to be a LC also! I am so excited for him! He knows just as much about nursing as Sierra since he has been exposed to it for so long. They are the sweetest people and are so helpful. I can't wait to start in the nursing group once more once my twins are born!

Onto other news. Nothing really going on here. I am enjoying the cooler weather. The cloudy days kinda match my mood lately. Nate and I have been having fun outside. He is really getting good at riding his scooter. He can go really anywhere with it!

Most of you know that I cloth diaper our son. I am on a message board with other mamas who cloth diaper too. You can buy, sell and trade diapers on this site. We also talk about things pertaining to being a mom, having kids, life. It's a fun and fast moving forum. I have been a member for 1 1/2 years. I have come to learn alot about cloth diapers and all the types of diapers out there. Whats great about this board is that you can buy used diapers. Now that may seem odd to some of you and you might think that it's gross. I must tell you tho, these mamas take special care of their diapers because they know they can sell them and get some of their money back. I have boughten a few used diapers and aside from the fleece being a bit pilly (from normal washing) to the print being a bit faded, these diapers are in excellent condition. You can get a really nice diaper for a nice price. Over the 2 1/2 years of cloth diapering, I have found what works for me and what doesn't. Right now my stash (my diapers) is set. I like what I have and it works for me and Nate. Although, I hope Nate will potty train sometime in the next decade or so :) As I was going through the diapers we have and putting them in a container waiting for the twins to get here, I ran across 2 diaper covers that I had really liked. They are wool. I bought one when I first started cloth diapering Nate and then bought another one used this past summer. However, Nate has outgrown them. I am sad because these covers are bullet proof. Meaning, they are leak proof. I absolutely love them. So, I decided to look today on my forum and see if there are any being sold. The brand is Sugar Peas. Here is the link to their page and the covers you see in the top right corner are the ones I love. www.sugarpeas.com
I have a natural color with teal thread, and older version I believe and a navy one. If I had the money, I would buy one in every color! They have different types of wool. Australian double knit wool and Wool flannel. I am not sure which one I would get, possibly both! I would buy them in mediums since it seemed Nate was in mediums the longest. Oh to have money to get them all. I have entertained the thought of getting them used. I have seen them on my forum for used ones and the prices aren't too bad. Retail they are $25. If I could get them for $15-$18 I would be happy. Well, so far, I cannot find any retailer who sells both types of wool covers. If I had $100, I would buy 4 of the wool flannel diapers. I just can't get enough of looking at the colors for these covers! Ok, enough drooling on my part!

This Friday I am heading out to Wright City to a friends house to attend a stamping party! I haven't been stamping in a long time. I have lots of material and stamps to make pretty cards and such, but I lost the love somewhere. I am hoping that Cathy (hostess) can help me get the love back! I am looking forward to a night of girl talk, laughing and having a good time. Oh, stamping too! It will be a full 5 hours of fun. Oh, and it's an hour drive to get there. Oh, one hour of driving w/o a 3 year olds chatter the whole way. Blissful peace! I better find a cd or 2 to listen to. No bible songs or stories or toddler tunes. Nice break.

Fall is my favorite time of year! I love when it gets chilly. I love the scents that come with fall. Cinnamon, cloves, pumpkin. Anything spicy! I love seeing the colors change. Raking up the leaves for Nate and Jackson to play in. Yes, our outside loving dog loves to roll around in the pile of leaves. I love having to hunt for a jacket to wear. Cozying up to a fire pit. Planting mums in my front yard. Hunting for pumpkins. I can take or leave Halloween. I enjoy watching the younger generation get excited about trick or treating. I will take Nate to Old St Charles on Halloween with a friend and her 4 boys to go trick or treating. Jason will take Nate out that night while I stay home and hand out candy. After we put Nate to bed, we usually head over to the neighbors and sit around their fire pit and chat. It ends up being a fun night. The thing I really look forward to is Thanksgiving. I enjoy getting together with family. Eating yummy food. This year will probably be just the 3 of us. I don't really want to travel when I will be almost 8 1/2 mos pregnant. If I was pregnant with just one, I would but not with twins!

Ok, enough for today. I need to work on laundry and straighten up the kitchen. I need to marinate a couple of pork chops so we can grill them tonight. Yummy!

No comments: